Monday, December 5, 2011

it makes you tremble but it warms me inside

and i love you as a friend, the one that holds my hand
even though you're freezing and i know you need them both to keep you warm

walk with me through foreign streets while the sun is about to rise
and i'll say you have things to work out and you'll ask me if i'm done with mine

sometimes i believe you turn water into wine and flower petals into bread
i believe you'd be the one to divide the atlantic in two and i'd happily follow you through

i'd notice the stains on your shirt and i wonder if you'd do the same
steal me some soap and smile and tell me i'd smell much better that way

you know i get grumpy fast but please don't dwell on that for too long
but you're always so happy and i wanna be the one to make you think twice

the world can be pretty scary but it's ok when you're two
and i'd give a piece of my soul to rescue you from ever feeling alone

i'd tell you the secret of life and teach you how to be happy in an emtpy crowd
i'd love to learn how to be my own best friend when everything feels way too cold

i know it makes you tremble but it warms me inside when you hold my hand
and whatever you do i hope we always get to be the ones to follow each other home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive